without borders


Friday, October 29, 2010

my graceful entry into the real world.

you guys know me. i am anything but graceful. and that's how the past couple weeks have been. kind of a clumsy start.

as i was sitting eating a candlelight dinner in the dark alone in my apartment on wednesday night, all i could do was smile to myself. i had just arrived home after a 14 hour shift with to realize the power was out, adding to already a long list of problems in our new home. no internet, no gas, and now no power, and i still needed to eat and shower before going to sleep and waking up to do it all over again.

things never quite go according to planned. but the Lord is always here watching, protecting, helping us be thankful for the blessings we don't always realize.

so when i return to my dark home exhausted and hungry and my mother has texted me the spanish georgia power number instead of the english one, i have to remember all of the things He has provided for me over the past six months. great relationships, great experiences, and finally the provision of the perfect job after long months of searching. thank you, Lord.

update:
  • i am writing this post in the comfort of my new home, meaning we have internet!
  • i was able to bake a cake and cook some mac and cheese this week, yay for a working oven and stove!
  • just got done with my first full week on the floor. interesting patients that tested my patience. ha!
  • thanks to mom and dad for the gift of a new dehumidifier. joy.
  • i almost tripped into a doctor today on the floor. a graceful entrance, indeed.

on the next installment of "love in action": meet roomie sarah!

No comments:

Post a Comment