without borders


Friday, December 31, 2010

party of 1

it's my last night in athens alone before super roomie lasarah comes back into town, so i decided to go all out, solo date night style.

it was a lot like that episode of friends where rachel learns to eat out alone and goes on a date with herself after turning down a date with a cute guy at the coffee shop. minus the cute guy part.

i sat down, enjoyed my coke and some mexican food and smiled over the fact that i didn't have to share the cheese dip. and i didn't feel like a loser.

my plan wasn't totally fool-proof though, as it turned out an old friend happened to work at this restaurant, spotted me and sat down to talk. he obviously thought i was a weirdo for eating by myself.

Guy: (in his head, after he sees Rachel) Yeah, you'll be talking to me never, because you're a freak who eats alone.

No comments:

Post a Comment